Watercress Pesto Mummies
by Northern Life
Just like mummy would make
Makes 8 Pies Prep time: 10mins Cook time: 30mins
2 sheets Puff Pastry
For watercress pesto:
- 80g watercress
- 1 clove garlic
- 1tbsp chopped nuts
- 50-75ml olive oil
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- Handful Black Olives to garnish
You could also add some grated cheese before the bandages go on top for an extra tasty treat.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Divide one sheet of pastry into 8 rectangles.
- Make the pesto by blitzing all ingredients together, adding more/less oil so that the pesto isn’t too runny.
- Divide the pesto mixture between the pastry triangles, keeping a 1cm clear border around the edge*. Then, cut 1cm thick strips from your second sheet of pastry – these will form your mummy bandages! Zigzag a strip over the top of the pesto, making sure the bandage is touching the clear edge of the pastry underneath so that they will stick together. Repeat for all Mummies!
- Slice your black olives into rounds to make two eyes on each Mummy and bake for around 20-30 minutes.
Add to your Halloween feast with a Spooky Tortilla Graveyard with Guacamole Dip
For other equally delicious but definitely less gruesome recipes visit www.watercress.co.uk.