Vegan Cheese Platter
by Northern Life
The perfect vegan cheese plater - ideal for any occasion.
- 3 large red onion – peeled and finely sliced
- 1 1/2 Jazz apples – finely chopped
- 240g of brown sugar
- 280ml of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 bay leaf
For the platter: (these are just suggestions!)
Grapes, roasted veggies, olives, crackers
- Add the finely diced onion to a large pot with a dash of oil. Cook them on medium/low heat until they are soft.
- Add all the other ingredients. Bring the mixture to the boil and then simmer. Put the lid on and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, approximately 2 hours.
- Let it cool down completely before serving it with the cheese platter. Store it in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Discover more Christmas grazing favourites here.
NorthernLife Nov/Dec 23