Spooky Salad Platter
by Northern Life
Whether you're hosting a spooky soiree or just looking to add a touch of macabre elegance to your dining table, the Spooky Salad Platter is sure to cast a spell on your taste buds.
Makes 1 large sharing salad Prep time: 20mins Cook time: 20 mins
- 40g Watercress
- ½ small Pumpkin, sliced
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 100g Blackberries, halved
- 100g red cabbage, shredded
Top tip: A set of small Halloween cookie cutters will save you time when making the pumpkin and ghost shapes.
- If you have Halloween cookie cutters, now might be the time to dust them off! If not, cut the pumpkin slices into pumpkin shapes with a sharp knife. If you have a small enough tip, you can cut faces in to the pumpkin, but it will work just as well without!
- Repeat this step for the apples, cutting ghosts and ghouls from the slices.
- Bake the pumpkin in a preheated oven at 180° for around 20 minutes
- Layer all the ingredients together on a platter – you’re now party ready!
To accompany the salad, try Roasted Cauliflower Brain with Green Slime Hummus and Dead Man’s Finger Sandwiches.
For other equally delicious but definitely less gruesome recipes visit www.watercress.co.uk.