Creme Brulee Camembert
by Northern Life
Create a creamy centrepiece with Camembert
- 250g wheel of Camembert
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Peters Yard Fig and Spelt Sourdough
- Crackers, for serving
- Cooking torch (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C . Unwrap the wheel of Camembert and place it in a suitable baking dish. Slide the dish into the preheated oven and bake the cheese for approximately 10 minutes.
- After the initial baking, remove the cheese from the oven and switch your oven to the grill setting.
- Sprinkle the top of the Camembert with the sugar, evenly coating the surface. Add a pinch of salt over the sugar.
- Return the cheese to the oven under the grill setting. Watch closely as the sugar begins to caramelise. This process should only take a few minutes.
- Allow the Creme Brulee Camembert to cool slightly before serving, as the cheese will firm up a bit as it cools. Present the masterpiece on a platter, accompanied by Peters Yard
- Fig Crackers for a delightful combination of flavours and textures.
Discover more Christmas grazing favourites here.
NorthernLife Nov/Dec 23