Antipasto Christmas Tree
by Northern Life
Just help yourself
- 900g soft cheese with herbs, we used Boursin
- A handful of chives, chopped
- 1 red sweet pointed pepper, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 10-15 olives, halved
- 10-15 cherry vine tomatoes, halved
- Rosemary sprigs, to decorate
- Crackers, to serve
- Mix together the soft cheese, chives and red pepper. Season generously.
- To mould the tree, place a piece of cling film down on the work surface, then scoop out the prepared cheese mixture onto it.
- Place another piece of cling film over it to cover it and roll and mould it with your hands until it forms a cone shape. The soft cheese is more stable in a wider tree shape rather than a tall, thin tree.
- Refrigerate the tree in its wrapping for at least 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the tree and place on a board ready to decorate with antipasto and rosemary, pressing the ingredients into the cheese.
- Chill until ready to serve. Transfer carefully to a plate and serve with crackers.
Discover more Christmas grazing favourites here.
NorthernLife Nov/Dec 23