In modern-day homes, people often overlook the importance of a boiler in everyday life. Boiler cover, also known as gas boiler breakdown cover or boiler breakdown cover. It is a sort of protection you can get if something goes wrong with your boiler. It is important to get boiler and home emergency cover from a reliable source like Corgi HomePlan Boiler Cover. A broken boiler can cause trouble in the home; no hot water or heat, as well as costly emergency call-out fees, can make life difficult, so it’s important to keep your boiler in good working order.
What is boiler breakdown cover?
Boiler coverage is a type of insurance that pays for the costs of servicing and boiler repairs if the boiler breaks down. This includes labour charges as well as any new parts that are needed. Plans for boiler coverage are usually divided into two groups. There are two types of packages:
- In the first package, there is only a boiler and full system.
- In the second package, the providers may include drains and external factors in their coverage.
Importance of having boiler cover
According to the report, a fifth of UK households have experienced a boiler breakdown, but just 36% pay for boiler insurance. They do not want to pay an additional cost for insurance when they are already in deficit.
Going without boiler protection is a risky venture. It is estimated that the average cost of repair is £314. A boiler cover will provide you with a piece of mind. The insurance can shield you from costly repairs and offset the costs of a boiler breakdown.
On average, people spent £894 on boiler repairs and replacements each year. If they had boiler insurance, they would just have to pay a £136 annual premium to be protected.
If you split the average repair and replacement cost by the average annual premium, the coverage pays for itself in six and a half years. As a result, a boiler breakdown policy is useful. If you need boiler repairs during the first year of the contract, you can save up to £750.
Repairing and replacing a boiler is costly. For a new boiler, you may expect to pay up to £4,000. The cost of boiler repairs and replacement varies depending on where you live, the type of boiler you have, and the size of your home. Some homeowners may not think it’s necessary to cover repairs, but it’s a good idea to have a boiler breakdown policy in case you need repairs or replacements.
The different types of boiler breakdown covers
When looking for a boiler cover, you’ll come across three different types:
- Basic Boiler cover
- Boiler and central heating cover
- Home emergency cover
Advantages of getting boiler cover for your home
With a boiler breakdown policy, you’ll get the following advantages:
- The call-out, parts, labour, and materials will all be covered by the boiler insurance.
- In a short period, a gas-safe engineer will be at your location.
- Boilers that aren’t working properly can be quite harmful. If your plan also covers annual boiler service, you’ll be protected against gas leaks, explosions, and other problems.
- You will not have to pay for unplanned repairs. The cost will be covered by the boiler cover.
- It is preferable to pay the monthly/quarterly price.
- It means you won’t have to worry about finding hundreds of pounds in the heat of the moment.
- When you have costly repair work, it can quickly pile up.
- The plan provider will connect you with the best plumbers in the area.
- This saves you the time and anxiety of making a poor decision.
- This is a worthwhile investment for peace of mind and long-term financial gains.