Time to Shine!
by Northern Life
SPRING CLEANING CAN GO FROM A ONE-HOUR JOB TO A WEEK SPENT SCRUBBING AND SHINING, HERE'S SOME TRICKS AND TIPS TO MAKE YOUR HOME SPARKLE IN NO TIME AT ALL…
- House smelling musty? Pop a pan on the hob and add lemons, fresh mint and lavender. Bring to boil and let it infuse your house with the scent of Spring.
- Shepherd’s pie stains all over your microwave? Heating a lemon rind in a bowl of water, this will create steam and loosen the burnt food.
- Plastic items, like Lego, can go in the dishwasher, saving you time.
- Cobwebs and high ceilings? Add a towel or pillowcase onto the end of the broom and banish those cobwebs, just ensure a spider isn’t waiting to fall!
- Shaving foam will help remove stains from fabric, just be careful not to use it on anything too delicate.
- The rubber buttons on a TV remote control are perfect for ridding your sofa of unwanted pet hairs, you can even do it while sitting down watching telly.
- No checklist would be complete without using some bicarbonate soda, sprinkle some on your bed to give your mattress a refresh, just remember to hoover up afterwards.
- Get rid of whiffy trainers by adding your favourite essential oils to cotton buds and placing them in your shoes, leave overnight.
- You can buy dish brushes that dispense soap, but they are not just useful for scrubbing the dishes. Use one in the bathroom filled with washing up liquid for getting the shower squeaky clean.
- Add a spray of water to your dustpan before sweeping – the dust will stick to the water, making it easier to sweep up.
- Children using the walls as their canvas? Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to scrub away the marks.
- The corners of a folded up post-it note can be used to clean in small nooks and crannies such as in your keyboard.
- Keep folded up sheets within a pillowcase to keep cupboards tidy.
ColneLife Spring 2022