The Ultimate On the Go Snack: Chicken, Watercress and Mozzarella Wrap
Lower in gluten content than other snack options, this wrap won’t cause a big energy high only to crash later. The combination of ingredients is high in protein, antioxidants and flavour! The watercress gives a big iron hit alongside the spinach, red onion is great for cardiovascular health and a little chilli gives the digestive system a boost. Leave the mozzarella out for a dairy-free alternative or replace with goat’s cheese.
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small chunks and
- Seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small handful of grated hard mozzarella
- 2 large flour tortillas (we used seeded ones)
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 15 pitted olives, black or green, quartered
- 1 handful watercress
- 1 handful of spinach
- Few torn basil leaves
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard, mixed
- Salad (to serve)
- Prepare and cut the chicken into small chunks. Then, in a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the seasoned chicken over a high heat for approximately 4 minutes until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic so it softens but doesn’t burn.
- Put a thin layer of the grated mozzarella on the tortillas, then spoon the other ingredients (cooked and raw) out evenly on top.
- Finally, drizzle the dressing over the filling, roll it all up, tucking in the sides like a burrito and cook it in a dry, medium-hot frying pan for 2-3 minutes each side, using another pan to weigh it down.
- Slice in half and serve with salad. The cheesy filling should be all gooey and have a spicy kick!
Courtesy of www.watercress.co.uk