Sweet potatoes can be used in many different baked goods to add sweetness and flavour. This delicious sweet potato and white chocolate cake is proof…
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 50 mins
Makes 16 slices
90ml vegetable oil
150g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
250g self-raising flour
250g sweet potatoes, peeled
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Line 2 x 2lb loaf tins with silicone paper.
2. Place the oil in a bowl, add half the chocolate and place on top of a pan of boiling water, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift the flour and add the sugar.
4. Puree the raw sweet potatoes in a food processor. Add the eggs one at a time. Then add the vanilla extract and oil and chocolate mixture.
5. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the remaining chocolate and pour into the prepared tins. Place in the oven and bake for approx 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked. To check if the cake is cooked, insert a wooden cocktail stick into it. If it comes out dry to the touch, the cake is cooked.
6 Leave to cool down, then slice each cake into 8 slices and serve.
- Try topping this cake with a yogurt icing or mix in some ginger or orange to add extra flavour to the cake.
- This cake can also be split into cupcake cases
133mcg vitamin A