It’s National BBQ Week, and our friends over at Erpingham House have put together a tasty Vegan platter recipe, perfect for the Summer.
EH BBQ Platter (serves 4)
- Mix 2 tablespoon of black miso and 1.5 tablespoon of agave.
- Slice the aubergine into slices (roughly 6 slicesfrom 1 aubergine).
- Score the slices of aubergine on both and rub inthe in the miso.
- On a hot griddle char the aubergine for 90 seconds a side.
Asparagus (1 largebunch)
- Click the woody ends from the asparagus and cookin boiling salted water for no longer than 45 seconds.
- Drain and put immediately into a bowl of cold water (a few ice cubes would help).
- Dry the asparagus off and place onto the hot griddle for 20 seconds a side or until you get some nice dark charing.
- Cut 1 hispi cabbage into 4.
- Cover each piece with butter, fresh garlic and salt & pepper.
- Place in a roasting tin and cover half way withapple juice then cover with tin foil.
- Cook for 25 minutes on 200 degrees celsius.
- Then remove the tin foil and baste with the applejuice
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes so the apple juice starts to reduce and turn into a syrupy glaze.
- Remove from the oven and give the quarters 1 final baste with the syrup.
- Place the quarters onto the hot griddle to achievenice char marks all over.
- In a mixing bowl, grate 1 large carrot, finely slice1 white onion and half a white cabbage.
- Add 1 tablespoon of jerk seasoning and 1.5 tablespoonsof mayo.
- Mix all together thoroughly.
- Using cooked vacuum packed char it on all sides onthe griddle and then brush with melted garlic butter.
Smoky Tempeh Ribs
- In a bowl combine 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 3 tablespoons tamari (gf soy saue) 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon bbq sauce, 1 tablespoon mixed herbs, 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, 1 tablespoon Agave.
- Slice 250 grams of tempeh in to strips and coat withthe marinade.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum ofan hour-cook in the oven on 180 degrees celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- To serve finish on the griddle.
*Garnished with micro mint leaves, and sliced sweetpickled red onion for some acidity to cut through the smokiness.