Rocky Road Christmas Wreath
by Northern Life
A decadent dessert perfect for Christmas Day
Serves 15-18 Prep time: 15 mins Chill time: 6 hours+
- 200ml double cream
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed into bitesize pieces
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 50g white chocolate chips, melted
- 50g milk chocolate chips, melted
- Assorted sweets and chocolate, to decorate
- Add the cream, sugar, vanilla extract and butter to a saucepan and gently heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the chopped chocolate to a large heatproof bowl and pour the hot melted butter mixture over. Leave for 5 mins, then stir well until you have a smooth thick ganache.
- Add the crushed biscuits and marshmallows to the ganache and stir until well combined. Line a ringshaped cake tin with clingfilm, then carefully spoon the rocky road mixture into the tin.
- Use a spoon to push the mixture down and level off, then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, turn the rocky road wreath out onto a serving platter and remove the clingfilm.
- To decorate, drizzle over the melted white and milk chocolate and top with an assortment of your favourite sweets and chocolates. Serve immediately.
NorthernLife Nov/Dec 23