Roasted Radish Salad
by Northern Life
DELICIOUS, HEALTHY FOOD PERFECT FOR CELEBRATING EASTER
Serves: 4 Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 20 mins
- 250g burrata
- 150g pecans
- Drizzle olive oil
- 300g radishes, top and tailed
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1 large lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 lemon, zest and squeeze of juice
- 10g fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and remove the burrata from the fridge, as it is best served at room temperature.
- While the oven is heating up, start by toasting the pecans. Add a drizzle of oil to a pan on a low heat. Add the pecans and heat for 5-6 mins or until just starting to toast. Take off the heat, add 1 tsp of salt, give a quick stir and put to one side to cool.
- Add the radishes to a baking tray and drizzle with oil and a pinch of salt. Add the grated garlic and stir. Place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Start layering up a serving platter with the lettuce and half the pecans.
- Remove the roasted radishes from the oven and immediately squeeze the lemon over the hot radishes. This will bring out the pink colour.
- Once the radishes have cooled for a couple of minutes add to the lettuce platter, scattering over more pecans and the thyme leaves.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil over the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add the burrata, either in the centre or torn and scattered around the platter.
For more recipes and inspiration, visit loveradish.co.uk
ColneLife Spring 2022