Upcycling at its best using old lampshade frames to celebrate Christmas day
- A medium-sized poinsettia
- Pot wrapper (available from a florist)
- Lampshade frame
- Freezer bag
- Spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Spray-paint the lampshade frame with a colour of your choice and let it dry. Tip: use a protective cover on your working space and wear a glove.
- Wrap the poinsettia’s earth and roots with moss and put it back in the pot. Cut a freezer bag to size, and place the potted plant into the bag.
- Cut a pot wrapper (available from a florist), decorative wrapping or fabric to the right height and put it around the pot. Use the glue gun to attach the freezer bag to the pot.
- Place the potted poinsettia into the upper opening of the lampshade frame.
We have loads more poinsettia crafting inspiration.