How to make a ‘Shooting Star’ Christmas decoration
by Northern Life
Beautiful on Christmas Eve when the lights are dimmed and the tree is sparkling.
You will need:
- 3 mini poinsettias (6 cm diameter pot), red white speckled or in other colours of your choice
- A handful of moss
- If necessary, compost
- 2 glass jars in different sizes (e.g. 16 cm and 18 cm diameter)
- 1 set of battery operated fairy-lights
- 1 roll of holographic foil or frosted cellophane
- Take the mini – poinsettias out of their pots and insert them into the smaller glass jar. Empty space between plants can be filled with commercially available compost or moss.
- Line the larger glass jar with moss and then in sert the smaller one inside it. Loosely arrange the fairy-lights in the space between the two jars. If the battery doesn’t fit in between, you can stick it to the back using tape or hide it among the plants.
- Wrap the foil or cellophane around the glass jars and fix it to the back using a stapler. The lights shine through like stars.
- Spice it up by filling the space around the edge with sisal.
We have loads more poinsettia crafting inspiration.