Griddled Halloumi Cheese with Salsa Verde Dressing
by Northern Life
A delicious vegetarian dish perfect for lunch or a light dinner
Serves: 4 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 5 mins
- 30g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 30g fresh basil
- 15g fresh mint
- 1 tbsp Opies Capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp Opies Cocktail Gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp reserved for the halloumi
- 1 tsp djion mustard
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 x 225g blocks of halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- Salad leaves and griddled peaches, to serve (optional)
- Remove the stalks from the parsley, basil and mint then finely chop the leaves together and add to a bowl.
- Finely chop the capers and cocktail gherkins then add to the bowl along with the red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic and lemon juice. Add more olive oil or red wine vinegar if needed – the sauce should be tangy, thin and pourable in consistency. Season to taste.
- Pre-heat your barbecue until the coals are white, or if using a griddle pan heat on the hob until hot.
- Brush the halloumi slices with the remaining olive oil and griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side or until charred lines are visible.
- Arrange the salad leaves on plates then place the halloumi slices on top, followed by the peach slices if using. Drizzle over the salsa verde dressing and serve straight away.
Recipe from Opies Foods
NorthernLife July/Aug 23