Griddled British asparagus, crab & watercress sandwiches
by Northern Life
Serves 4 | Preparation: 5 minutes, plus pre-heating griddle pan | Cook: 5-7 minutes
- 300g British asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio olive oil
- 300g fresh crab meat (half white/half brown meat)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Bart Spices paprika
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices thick-cut granary bread
- 85g watercress
- Heat a griddle pan to hot. Lightly brush the asparagus with olive oil and cook on the griddle, turning occasionally, for around 5minutes or until tender.
- Whilst the asparagus is cooking mix the crab meat with the mayonnaise and season to taste.
- Butter the slices of bread and arrange the watercress on top of each piece, followed by a pile of the crab mixture lightly dusted with a pinch of paprika.
- Top each slice of bread with the asparagus and serve immediately.