Serves 4 as a light lunch or 8 as party nibbles
• 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
• 2 packs traditional cooked beetroot, drained
• 350g cooked salmon (or hot smoked salmon fillets)
• 3 tbsp full fat crème fraiche
• Small bunch of dill chopped
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Unroll the sheet of pastry and cut into 4 equal rectangles. If you want to make smaller tarts for a party buffet, cut into 8 rectangles. Arrange on a baking sheet, leaving a little room around each, and score a fine line 5mm in from the edge all around each piece of pastry creating a border. Slice the beetroot into narrow wedges. Flake the salmon into bite sized pieces. Arrange the beetroot and salmon onto the pastry, keeping within the border. In a small bowl mix together the creme fraiche and dill and season with a little salt and pepper. Spoon a little onto the centre of each tart. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Small tarts will take a little less time.