21. Firstly cut rhubarb into 2inch batons and put into a vac bag along with the water, sugar and grenadine.
32. Cut down the vanilla pods and scrape out the seeds, put the pods and seeds into the bag.
43. Using a peeler- peel 1 orange and remove the zest, then add to the rhubarb. Cut the oranges in half and squeeze all the juice into the bag.
54. Vac the bag and then cook in a sous vide for 12-16mins at 74 degrees.
65. Once cooked remove from the sous vide and leave to cool on side for 10 mins before placing into the fridge.
7FOR THE SYRUP:
86. Cut open the bags of rhubarb and using the liquid in the bag place in a pan with 200ml of 22% stock syrup, which consists of 44g of caster sugar and 156g of water. Once the syrup starts to form big bubbles cool then place in a bottle.
9FOR THE MERINGUES:
107. 50g egg whites
118. 100g caster sugar
129. ¼ tsp cream of tartare
1310. Using an electric whisk- whisk the egg white until foamy then add the cream of tartare, once at a stiff peak slowly add the caster sugar until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
1411. Place in a piping bag and pipe small 1 inch round meringues on a silpat and place into a oven pre-heated at 73 degrees cook for at least 5 hours minimum or for best results overnight. The meringues will be glass like to touch.
15FOR THE SET CUSTARD:
16500g whole milk
17500g double cream
1812 egg yolks (212g)
202 vanilla pods
2110 gelatine leaves (soaked in water)
22In a pan bring the milk, cream and vanilla to the boil, whilst the mixture is coming to the boil whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl. Once the milk/cream has boiled add half to the egg mix and whisk well then add back to the pan, and cook until the cream anglaise is made. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine and add the leaves to the mixture. Pass and set into moulds and place into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
23FOR THE SHORTBREAD BISCUITS:
25165g caster sugar
26540g plain flour
2712. Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth, stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Roll the paste into 1½ inch balletines and place in the fridge overnight.
2813. The next day cut shortbread into 3mm slices and cook on a silpat at 170 degrees for 5-8mins or until golden brown. Remove and place onto a wire rack and dust with golden caster sugar.
29FOR THE ICE-CREAM:
301) 400g sugar
31 200g trimoline
32 35g milk powder
33 680g egg yolk
342) 1800g whole milk
35 1200g double cream
36 4 vanilla pods
37 6 coffee beans
3814. Bring mixture 2. to 50 degrees then pour ½ of the mixture to 1. Mix together then return to pan and bring to 70 degrees and hold it for 5mins always scraping the bottom. Pass and cool, once cool place into pacojet beaker or churn in ice-cream maker.