To celebrate National Jelly Bean Day on 22 April, research by Jelly Belly Candy Company reveals that CHERRY is the nation’s favourite flavour!
In a survey of the company’s top five most popular flavours, Cherry was favoured by over a third (34%) of respondents*. While there are more than 100 different Jelly Belly® jelly bean flavours, Jelly Belly’s Very Cherry flavour has always proven popular. Fans across the UK treated themselves to 1.64m Very Cherry Jelly Belly jelly beans last year. The UK’s top five jelly bean flavours were voted as follows:
- Cherry: 34%
- Bubble Gum: 21%
- Blueberry: 16%
- Cinnamon: 15%
- Coconut: 14%
In honour of National Jelly Bean Day, Jelly Belly spotlights some of its most fascinating facts from the last four decades, courtesy of a video and infographics.
Jelly Belly fun facts include:
- It takes 7-14 days to create a single Jelly Belly® jelly bean
- There were 15 billion Jelly Belly jelly beans eaten last year
- Jelly Belly can make 1,680 Jelly Belly beans per second
- If you laid all those Jelly Belly beans eaten last year end to end, they would circle the earth more than five times (5.5)
- Jelly Belly’s most well-known fan was American President Ronald Reagan, who started eating the company’s original jelly beans in the 1960s
- Jelly Belly beans were the first jelly beans in space, sent on the 1983 Challenger mission by President Reagan as a surprise for the astronauts
- There are 5 billion Jelly Belly beans eaten at Easter
- The top three Jelly Belly jelly bean flavours in America are Very Cherry, Buttered Popcorn and Liquorice
- You will find Jelly Belly jelly beans in more than 80 countries
- Each Jelly Belly jelly bean contains just four calories
*Survey Monkey, April 2018. 1,006 UK respondents.
About Jelly Belly Candy Company:
Jelly Belly Candy Company was founded in 1898, and began making Jelly Belly jelly beans in 1976. Today, Jelly Belly products are sold all over the world and the company remains family owned and operated by the fourth, fifth and sixth generations of the confectionery-making family. Jelly Belly jelly beans are certified OU kosher, vegetarian, and free from gelatine, gluten, fat and dairy. For more information, retailers can contact Best Imports Limited at 01727 829010 or visit www.jellybelly.co.uk.